Sometimes you just canít help tinkering with your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926, especially if you come across new and interesting custom features. However, it also means risking your hundred dollar contract and warranty. Rooting your phone might mean enjoying a taste of freedom but if something goes wrong, you canít ask for assistance from Verizon since your warranty has been voided. If youíre in this very boat, donít fret, my friend, because there is now a short and easy way to unroot your phone and revert to stock firmware.
XDA Developers member Pzyduck shared this method for Droid Razr HD users, allowing them to save their devices by restoring them to stock. This is also handy for people whoíve made a mistake during their adventures of flashing and soft-bricked their phone.
This guide shows you how to unroot the Droid Razr HD XT926 and revert to stock.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD, model number XT926. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Developer options and tick the USB debugging option.
- Download the following files:
- Motorola Drivers (MotorolaDeviceManager_2.3.4.exe, 31.5 MB)
- RSD Lite 6.1.4 (RSDLite_v6.1.4.zip, 5.84 MB)
- Stock firmware and fastboot (VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml.zip, 605.3 MB)
- Make sure your deviceís battery still has at least 70% power. You donít want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- On your computer, extract the firmware package.
- Open the extracted folder and you will find a VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml file.
- Open that file with Notepad and delete all the lines with the word ďgetvarí then Save the file.
- Open the RSD Lite program and press the ďÖĒ button. Browse and select the XML file that you edited with Notepad.
- Boot your phone into AP Fastboot Mode, as follows: Turn off your phone and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together to enter Boot Selection Mode. Scroll down and select AP Fastboot.
- Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable. Your phone should be recognized as XT926.
- Press Start in RSD Lite to start the flashing. It should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Your phone should reboot into stock firmware.
Nicely done! Youíve just restored your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926 to stock and unrooted it. Share some of your thoughts in the comments. Enjoy!
SOURCES XDA Developers Forum